Tuesday 8 December 2009

Your wasting our time.

I feel I must express my concern that some member of Cornwall Council seem more interested in trying to score cheap points before a general election than running the Duchy.
This morning's council meeting summed this up perfectly. Question after question from the Liberal Democrats in the vain home to pin Cornwall Council's into a corner over numerous issues. A motion to the council that appears to jump all due process in the attempt to high jack an issue we are all aware exists. Not only that but it would also under mind the very councillors that they have on the committee. I have served on numerous committee's in my time as a councillor. The one in question is the best I've worked on. We have an excellent chair(Cllr Flashman) and an excellent vice-chair(Cllr Dolley) and ever single member of that committee is committed to doing the right thing for Cornwall.
So why are the Liberal Democrats not prepared to delegate that decision to their members on there. They should have faith in the people of Cornwall that put them in this position and their own members to do what they believe is right.

1 comment:

  1. I thought asking questions at Council was part of the process of scrutinising decision. Isn't that what the Tories do at Westminster? Or should there be different rules for Kernow?

    I did hear that Sally Bain was a complete disaster yesterday.

    ReplyDelete